At St. Lazarus Serbian Orthodox Cathedral “Ravanica,” stewardship gives us the opportunity to promote spiritual growth, to strengthen our Eastern Orthodox faith, to inspire the giving of ourselves, and to sustain our cathedral for future generations. In addition, as stewards, we must examine our priorities and values, express our thankfulness to God, and to grow in His love and grace.
Christian Stewardship is a life-style, which acknowledges accountability and responsibility before God. Becoming a Steward begins when we say we believe in God, to whom we give our love, loyalty and trust. We affirm that every aspect of our lives comes as a gift from Him. Stewards are motivated as recipients of God’s abundant love, to respond by participating and supporting His plan of salvation and the ministries of the Church, which make salvation possible for them and for others.
To be considered an active Steward of St. Lazarus Cathedral “Ravanica,” one is called upon to do the following:
- To understand and practice our faith
- To impart and instill our faith in our children
- To observe prayer and fasting
- To live an honorable and virtuous life
- To respect Canon Laws and religious practices of the Holy Orthodox Church
- To concentrate on one’s personal salvation and that of one’s children or those for whom one is responsible
- To regularly attend Sunday service and Feast Day services
- To regularly receive Holy Confession and Holy Communion, as well as, other Holy Sacraments
- To observe and celebrate one’s family Slava (Patron Saint’s Day), according to the Eastern Orthodox Church
- To call upon the priest for any spiritual needs including blessing of the family home
- To respect the church hierarchy and all clergy
- To support the mission and projects of St. Lazarus Cathedral “Ravanica” with time, personal talents and treasure according to one’s ability