The Sisters are always pleased to welcome new members! We are holding our monthly meeting this Sunday in the Hall Library following Liturgy. The Sisters meet the first Sunday of the month and we invite you to stop by to learn what we are all about.
For over 80 years, the Sisters have contributed in many ways to the parish.
The good works of women are frequently mentioned in Scripture. They were then stated as: bringing up children, showing hospitality to strangers, opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy, speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction on her tongue. The many good works of women in the church is further reflected as Paul describes the qualifications for women who were to devote full time to Christian work and to be supported by the church.
“There are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord.” – 1 Corinthians 12-4-5.
Our Sisters are indeed the hands and feet of Jesus. Thank you for offering your time and talents in service to the Lord.
We praise him for giving you the gifts you possess and the heart to share them. Thank you for being Jesus’ hands and feet among us.
Their time and devotion to their Church and Children has resulted in, but not limited to, the accomplishments listed below:
- Assembled over 500 bundles of Badnjaks and passed them out to the Parishioners. Lined the path with the Luminaires.
- Following Bozic, we provided chair covers and desserts for the Sveti Sava banquet.
- Hosted Communion breakfast for the children and parishioners.
- Passed out willow branches and palms on Vrbica to the parishioners.
- Continuing efforts on our “Posno Cookbook”.
- Provided refreshments for Lazarus Saturday.
- Purchased the funeral flowers for Christ’s tomb.Decorated Christ’s tomb. Purchased palm trees for the church.
- Hosted annual Great Friday dinner. Lined the walkway with Lanterns.
- Sisters and Junior Sisters helped “usher” on Easter Sunday, as well as, pass out eggs.
- Contributed monetary donations and support to our Church for all Church holidays and fundraising efforts, as well as, to church affiliated organizations for their events/projects.
- OCW Event, Team Fox sponsorship, Vidovdan flowers, Father’s Day pomens/prayers donations, Mother’s Day flowers, fall family Fundraiser basket donation, Church picnic, Host vairous Fundraisers, Church Golf outing sponsor and Congenital Heart Walk sponsors.
- Passed out carnations to all the women on Mother’s Day.
- For Vidovdan, the Sisters donated centerpieces for each table and paid for chair covers. Granted our fourth Scholarship check for $1,500.
- Maintained Angel Garden throughout the year.
- Replace planting material seasonally in outdoor pots around the church.
- Supported all events held by Church School and Youth Program.
- Folk Festival
- Support Church Camp/Shadeland
- Decorated Church and Hall for Christmas.
- Gifted each child a coin for Sveti Nikola
- Purchased a new sign for our “American Serbian Memorial Hall”.
The Sisters would like to express their sincere appreciation to our Parishioners and Executive Board for your continued support. It is your support and inspiration that enables us to continue to do the work that we do.